God with Us

Christmas is supposed to be a time of joy!

Yet, there is a lot of sorrow in our world and heart break in the lives of those close to us.

It's easy to get caught up in the "to-dos" instead of focusing on the true meaning of Christmas and cherishing the moments with loved ones.

Knowing the hurting people around me, the heart aches of those who will be missing someone this Christmas, has made me pause and think of who and what is important.

Those who have experienced this loss, would be the first to say, all we have is today.

Enjoy this moment. That's all we have.

I need a constant reminder.

I have been fighting anxiety as I prepare for Hawaii with friends. I am so excited but nervous about the unknown. For those who know me, know I love to have things planned and do not like surprises. Our trip is well planned but I fear the "what ifs".

In comparison to those who have experienced tragedy, my anxiety about traveling is embarrassing.

When anxiety sneaks in and fear wants to rob me of my joy, I need to remember the real meaning of Christmas and count my blessings.

Jesus's birth was a surprise and Mary and Joseph didn't plan to have their baby in a stable. However, this was part of God's plan and He was with them on their journey.

Emmanuel, God with us!

In our anxiety, in our loss, in our heart break, in our loneliness but also in our joy. He is a God of love and He sent His Son for us in the tiny form of a baby to give us a future and a hope.

All we have is today. Embrace it and those you love.

"As St. John leaned on the Heart of Jesus at the Last Supper, let us, too, lean our heads upon His heart, that we might know His faithfulness, even in the midst of darkness." 
-Mother Agnes, SV (Sisters of Life)






Comments