Bring it to Jesus

I've shared my heart with Sr. Jordan about some of my challenges in life.

Sr. Jordan encouraged me, "Ask Jesus for what you want. Have you brought it to Jesus?"

I said, "Yeah, I brought it to Jesus. I guess I just need to move on."

I shrug my shoulders,  take a deep breath and think to myself, this is how it has to be.
I didn't realize I was coming up with a solution to my prayer instead of waiting and expecting an answer.

She encouraged me to ask for the desires of my heart. Instead of impatiently and hopelessly giving up, I need to ask Jesus to find the solution.

Example: "Lord, I need you to..."

If the answer is 'no' then ask for the graces to get through what you're going through.

When life is hard, when life is a struggle, when life doesn't go the way you have planned, it plain and simply stinks.

Name it.

Bring it to Jesus.

"What are you going to do about this situation, Jesus?"

"Lament's not a meaningless rage, but a rage that finds meaning in His outrageous love. Lament is an outrage... that still trusts in Gods good outcome. Lament's this articulation of the ache at God's abandonment, then an acquiescence to His ache, and finally an abandonment to His will. Go ahead, child. Lament carries brokenness in its hands straight into the heart of God and asks for His arms." 
-unknown


Comments