Waiting Room Living

"Done with waiting room living. Real life is happening right now." - The Broken Way, Ann Voskamp

I strongly dislike waiting rooms and strongly because I dislike waiting.

Real life, important life is happening and I am missing out.

My impatience leads to frustration which always builds as I think about what I could be doing instead of having to sit and wait.

It's easy to think in a room full of people that I am the only person whose schedule & precious time matters.

But "Real life" shouldn't be "what I could be doing"... Real life is thinking and going beyond self for others.

"Instead of waiting for good enough things to happen to us, we could be the good thing to happen to someone else who's waiting." - The Broken Way 

Instead of focusing on what I could be doing, I need to focus on what I should do with the time given to me.

When I am not getting the quick answers I want or when I am asked to wait, I need to pay attention to those around me who are also waiting.

Whether it be actually waiting in a room at the doctor's office or waiting for little things like faster internet, a simple prayer and the practice of patience will go a long way.

"Done with waiting room living. Real life is happening now."

How are you and I going to really live for others?


=================================================

I accidentally deleted my post, which deleted my blog comments. I guess that was a good practice of patience and prayer. To my Blog Followers thank you for your previous comments! Please forgive me for accidentally deleting the post and comments! Thanks be to God I was able to access my email and find my blog post there! Talk about Waiting Room Living.... 

---------

And now that I edited the post, the comments are there and everything is back to normal including the comments! Thanks for putting up with me!  

Comments

Post a Comment