The Broken Way

Yesterday was the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.

I thought about my pilgrimage and journey of healing within the past nine years.

I thought about my journey of healing from not being healed the way I expected to be healed.

It's a part of the story. A part of the healing process.

"I can not promise you happiness in this world, only in the next." Our Lady of Lourdes

This journey is summed up in one word, Trust.

Trusting that God has me.

Trusting that He believes in me.

I am currently reading The Broken Way, by Ann Voskamp. The Italic words below are thoughts I've highlighted in my heart and think apply to this blog and apply to the story.

"Every morning that the sun rises and you get to rise? That's God saying He believes in you, He believes in the story He's writing through you. He believes in you as a gift the world needs." (Spoken from an Orthodox Hasidic rabbi to the author.)

My story matters. Your story matters. Everyone has a story.

"God believes in me."

He knows the story.



"Can I believe Jesus believes in me?" 

This is the hard part. Can I believe in me? Can I believe Jesus believes in me?

"Maybe Peter doubted that Jesus believed in Him." 

Matthew 14:28-31 

 Peter said to Him, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”And He said, “Come!” And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and *said to him, You of little faith, why did you doubt?” 

It is easy to doubt my brokenness. But he stretches out His hand and saves.

He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

He gives us His Mother to help bind up the brokenhearted.

"The broken ones were the ones He believed in." 

"And hearing this, Jesus *said to them, It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” Matthew 2:17

"You may believe in God, but never forget it's God who believes in you." (The same conversation between author Ann and an Orthodox Hasidic rabbi.)

He believes in each of us and He wants to heal each of us.

He is the Author, we have only to trust Him. He will take care of the rest.

Comments

  1. I love this Gabbie! I needed to hear this today. So glad I ran I was able to visit with you yesterday. Continued prayers for you and all your intentions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is good! I enjoyed seeing and quick visiting with you last week! Thank you for your continued prayers! I am sending them back your way!

      Delete

Post a Comment