Surrender

Friday night Ma and I headed to Lewiston for a sleep study. Piece of cake, right?
I thought it'd be a couple EKG cords and I'd sleep, get the six hours required, and get up the next morning feeling well rested.

We checked in at 8:30 that night, and I was feeling pretty tired so falling asleep wouldn't be a problem. After all the paperwork (we were told over the phone we wouldn't have to do) I put on my pajamas and was ready for a couple cords and a good night sleep.

The nurse asked me to come sit in a chair while she put on the wires. She first had me wrap around my waist and my chest a belt. I  thought that was really weird. Then she said she was going to glue some sticky paste to my head. I do not like anything sticky... not even the word. So sticky substance in my hair and on my face was not what I bargained for. I quickly realized that this would not be just a few EKG type cords. Not even close. Picture below of an image taken from Google showing just how many cords.

Image result for sleep study wires

Ma asked if she should take my picture as I laid down in bed all wired up. I told her "no" and that I didn't want to remember this miserable experience. Now I think I should have had a picture taken to prove the miserable look. But random images from Google will have to do.

Related image

This kid is me. Only a lot happier and more photogenic.

So now that you have this awesome visual of me wired and scowling I'll go on to say it was difficult to sleep. I wanted to sleep on my side but the tubes in my nose would fall out of position. I woke up twice in the middle of the night. The next morning at 6 am I heard my nurse say "good morning." I did not expect such an early wake up call. Neither did my mom.

The plan for Saturday was for my siblings to come down to Lewiston and we would all go Christmas shopping. Dad was in Utah on his elk hunt. So with that being said, the girls and Max weren't expecting a phone call so early to come down either. I was eager to get all those wires off and shower, so I hopped out of bed and tried my best to get the sticky gunk off and out of my hair. It somewhat worked. I lost an earring though in the process.

But in a positive way of looking at it, I will gain answers and received an opportunity to pray/offer up for our dear friends in need of prayers specifically that night.

Ma and I had to kill time until M, N and M came down and there really isn't much to do so early in the morn other than Dutch Bro's and breakfast.
We got our drinks and then decided to go to Winco. Winco being a 24hr store, we shopped there for a few gluten free items nothing major.

We get to the check out and Ma makes friends with the lady in front of us who brought her cook books and was shopping for the exact ingredients the recipe called for. Ma complimented her on such a great idea. We then find out she is making a few fun things for her birthday that was that day. "Happy birthday!" Our turn to check out.

Winco doesn't take credit cards, only cash or debit. Well of course we left our debit with my siblings back home. The casher is looking a little frustrated. The birthday lady offers to write out a check for our bill! She can't do that! One, it's her birthday and two, we didn't know her and can't pay her back! Ma goes to look in our van for money.

The same kind hearted lady tells me she is waiting until she knows if we have enough. Our Winco bill was $88.28 That is abnormal for a family of six, but since we didn't go hard core it was down in numbers. Ma comes back in the store and has $87 in cash and the dollar and cents are paid in change! It was a miracle! A miracle of kindness, generosity and blessing to have enough!

We "celebrated" and used our time going to breakfast. The waitress "forgot" to ask me if I wanted a kiddie menu and crayons. I wasn't super hungry so I took her up on the kiddie menu no need for crayons. She brought crayons anyway. No, I did not tell her I was twenty-two. Mainly because I was too exhausted to even have that conversation.

We plan to meet M, N, and M at Walmart in Clarkston. We leave the parking lot of where we ate and come down 21st street to turn left at the light that would take you by the mall. However while Ma and I driving down 21st street, our van starts to rattle. Maybe it is just the road? We wish... The van has a flat. Sweet Jesus, help us get through the light!

We pull into the Auto parts store and get out to look for the flat. Front left tire is completely flat. We go inside and tell those working what happened and ask if they can help us. The owner of the store comes outside to look at the tire. He said we can't drive on this with how flat the tire was. He offers to pump our tire with the air compressor he only uses on company rigs. The tire won't take the air it's so flat. We need our spare.

The spare tire is not in the trunk where one would think it should be. Meanwhile, my siblings showed up. We had called them and redirected them changing the plan again. Dad has no cell service since he is hunting. It's us, this owner and a missing spare tire. We're all searching for this tire. The man thinks of looking in the floor behind the driver and passenger feet. Thankfully it was there! Below carpet, overnight bags and goodness knows what else! Thank you, Jesus! Even though the spare tire was flat too, it took air! We were able to get from point A to point B where we would get a new tire.

Again thankfully M, N, and M came down to Lewiston because we then had a second car to get around in. The owner was so kind and so willing to help. He did not take any money. (that we did not have.)😅

It was quite the day! We carried on shopping. I slept in the car still feeling exhausted.
God provided though, when we felt stranded! He blessed us with good people with good, generous and caring hearts! There are good people in the world!

Thank you, Jesus!

Now our dishwasher might start working again! ;-)

Image result for blessed thankful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFORjUcHkKU - This song is perfect! Thanks aunt Mel for sharing it with me! It fits the blog perfectly!

Comments

Post a Comment