Lift us up to Fall

Last week at adoration I wrote what I want to share with you. I used my mom's notebook. I was vulnerable in the presence of Jesus. The most precious moments are when we are vulnerable.

"I didn't come prepared before you Lord. No, I came on a whim. 9:30 at night, I had just come from the church from RCIA. I didn't greet you. I didn't encounter you. But after I came home you encountered me. I said 'yes' to randomly getting back in the car after planning to go home and shower and sleep. I wasn't prepared, no bible, rosary, magnificat, or journal. I didn't even have a jacket ready but grabbed my little almost ten year old brother's jacket and (yes it fit) and went on my way with my mom to be with Jesus  Something I wouldn't randomly do. I'm not a random kind of girl. I am here now and have longed for this visit for sometime but I come empty handed. Nothing in my hands. Here I am LORD! I sense your warmth powerfully right now. Thank you, Jesus! I think of my unplanned visit and think of of the unplanned pregnancy Mary said 'yes' to. I think of the visit she made to Elizabeth without announcement. I think of the barn where Mary gave birth to Jesus. My plans are not your plans, LORD. You called your apostles and they followed you. They dropped everything and came after you seeking. Unprepared, and empty handed. Use me Jesus. Use my empty hands and make way a place in my heart for you to dwell."

The song LIFT US UP TO FALL by Tenth Avenue North played in my mind and filled my heart as I sat there empty handed.

https://youtu.be/TsEgU1Ph_jk

We're waiting here, waiting for you GOD, with our hopes and fears we come empty hands held out. 
Draw us near, heal these broken hearts. And lift us up to fall.     

In my vulnerability, His presence close, I looked at Him and understood as if for the first time:

Nothing else in this world matters, but YOU, Jesus.   

Not fears, not plans, not health, small things or big things. YOU only matter!

Use my broken heart, my empty hands held out, and lift me up to fall.  

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful Gabbie. Sometimes when we are the most empty handed, we are actually at our fullest. Love you Gabs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment