Heart of the Matter

I recently watched two movies, The Glass Castle and Dunkirk. They are both very different yet very similar. Without giving away either movie I'd like to share my thoughts by comparing them to the battles we fight today.

I am struggling with the fights we fight. The gossip we spread. The hatred we feel. The anger we don't control. The small things and the big things that we are all guilty of doing.

Lord, we cannot control these natural disasters. But we can and should control our tongues, actions, and emotions.

It's easy to engage in tearing down.

Our world since the very beginning has taken part in shedding blood. For what? Power? The real answer is for nothing.

I shake my head at the endless troubles around me and I don't understand how everyone ever got to be this way.

Where is the heart?

What is the matter?

What is the heart of the matter?

Notice I didn't remark "where is God." He always has, already is, and always will be there waiting for us to ask Him to come into our hearts, come into the heart of the matter.

He is the real Heart of the matter.

The answer to all of our faults, problems, sorrows and brokenness.

"Before we can choose the good, we must know the good." - Peter Kreeft 

"What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family." - Mother Teresa 

"Don't be afraid to say your 'yes' to him moment by moment." - Chiara Lubich to Chiara Luce 

Comments