Comfort

Last night as I was trying to get in the right comfortable position to fall asleep, it came to me what I wanted to blog about. I jumped out of bed, searched for a notebook and scratched down my thoughts.

Comfort. 

I love to be comfortable! Who doesn't?!

My back has been bothering me the past couple nights, due to sleeping in the fetal position.
I was wishing it would stop so I could be comfy and sleep well. That's when the thought happened.

We were not made for comfort.

As shocking as that may sound since society and media say otherwise.

We live in a world of pinterest where there is a pampering solution for everything.

I am not pointing fingers though. I'd be the first person to raise my hand and admit I love bath bombs, sleeping in, and probably every self help board out there.

I am simply asking though, do we always have to be comfortable?

As an introvert, my first response would be "yes." As a girl with a late night blog idea and a pen and needing to back her thought, I would have to say "no."

We use the word "awkward" instead of admitting to being uncomfortable.

What happens in those "awkward" "uncomfortable" moments? Phones come out and you feel safe. Safe from what you're afraid of, being uncomfortable.

Jesus wasn't comfy on the cross.

No.

We need to stretch ourselves as He did.

To become uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable in the small things. For example it's okay to not have the best of everything. Including  a good night sleep.

Comfort is temporary.

We need to make ourselves uncomfortable so we can comfort others.

That's what Jesus demonstrated from the cross.

Let's use our crosses, splinters they may be, and comfort one another.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Gabbie. You are a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment