Woman of Wonder

This past weekend I really wanted to be at Steubenville Northwest with my sisters and Mom. Not to mention Fr. Mike. I've been telling myself to "stop your crying, it'll be alright. ...we got to get away from here." ðŸŽ¶ðŸŽµ  

For the same reasons I haven't gone the past three years, I didn't go this year. Heat, intense walking, home sickness, heat... So I've been trying to offer up not being there listening and meeting Fr. Mike Schmitz (like my mom and sister did) and not being there with my family and friends of course. :)  

So Dad, Max and I "got away from here", among the offering up, we went to the movie Wonder Woman. I really liked it and thought I could get a blog out of it. :) 

Four times in the past week I have been guessed to be under age. Kid menus, crayons, and children admission must be written on my forehead. Awesome. The fourth time (at the movie) I finally gave in and kept my mouth shut when listening to the words, "two children and one adult." Surely they were talking about me being the adult and Max and Dad the "two children". 

Anyway, like all superhero movies, it was a battle of good vs. evil. 

 "It's about what you believe. And I believe in love. Only love will truly save the world."

Wonder Woman has been told all her life,  “Harder. You are stronger than this, Diana.”

She chose to fight for those who could not fight for themselves. 

"I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind. But then, I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both. The choice each must make for themselves - something no hero will ever defeat. I've touched the darkness that lives in between the light. Seen the worst of this world, and the best. Seen the terrible things men do to each other in the name of hatred, and the lengths they'll go to for love. Now I know. Only love can save this world. So I stay. I fight, and I give... for the world I know can be. This is my mission, now. For ever."

She fought for the good in this world. 

I want to be like Wonder Woman, fighting for the good. 

But not in the way you'd think. 

There is a spiritual battle and I am called to fight for the greater good. My weapon is prayer. 

"We are a bridge to a greater understanding."

My model is Mary. She who is humble yet strong. She is the ultimate Wonder Woman. But better yet, she is a Woman of Wonder. She who held in her womb, her arms, her heart, is her Son, Jesus Christ, who stands between God and man. 

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5


A quote from the movie,  "I can save today. You can save the world." 

Jesus already did. He saved the world. 

"It is always good to do something good." -my daddy. Who made this weekend awesome. Who made this weekend good. Who helped me use my offering for good. For the greater good. 

"Breaking through the atmosphere And things are pretty good from here"🎶🎵

Mary, my Mother, help me to see the good. Help me to be the good! 














Comments

  1. You ARE the good, Gabbie Girl! We missed you and thought of you! And now, Fr. Mike is praying for you BY NAME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mama for your prayers and for seeking prayers from Fr. Mike on my behalf! I am grateful and my heart is full!

      Delete
  2. Thank for providing good information for site,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment