WWMD

My last post was from good Friday. How sad.

I have been making excuses like I have nothing to say.

I've told myself I prefer silence. I want to listen rather than to speak.

But today I guess I'll break that silence by sharing the letters WWMD.

You've heard of the acronym WWJD, what would Jesus do, but WWMD stands for what would Mary do.

This new acronym (or new to me) was something I've reflected on since I heard it at our book club.

What would Mary do?

I can't stop reminding myself of this question. Not that I necessarily follow through with what she would do, but that I am now aware of pondering in my heart before I move in thought, word and action.

What I've come to reflect on is simply summarized in Mary's fiat.

Mary's fiat, let it be.  


Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be done to me according to your word.”  Luke 1:38

When I'd like to fight back, be self centered, say something I shouldn't, do something I shouldn't, I want to ask myself what would Mary do? I want to then answer that with her fait, let it be

I could seriously write pages and pages on Mary but I'm easing back into blogging and don't want to make you read on and on, like I already am. So I'll continue my fiat in progress and continue to strive toward doing what Mary would do. 




Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment