Unplanned Christmas

Many plans of mine have changed during my 21 years of life, but we'll focus on the changes during this Advent season. 

I have had to cancel plans, adjust to new plans, and swallow the things I didn't want changed.

As I thought of these changes and unplanned surprises I thought of another change and unplanned surprise that changed, no... saved the world. 

You know who I am talking about. 

It hit me that Mary, our Mother, experienced change and unplanned surprises herself. 

She was barely engaged, younger than I am today, and here comes an angel of the LORD, telling her she is going to have a baby. But not just any baby. A baby that would be the Son of God and she would be His Mother. Whoa

She had just been betrothed. Huge change all by itself. 

She wasn't expecting to be expecting anytime soon. 

This wasn't a part of her's and Joseph's plan.

This was indeed unplanned. HE was indeed unplanned. 

But Mary and Joseph said "yes". 

They made this unplanned child, though scared, and uncertain they were, a part of their plan. 

Their "yes" to plans having changed ~ saved the world. 

Mary's and Joseph's "yes" to God through the angel, is the beautiful reason we celebrate Christmas. 

The coming of the baby Jesus. 

So here is to giving all of my unplanned surprises to the best unplanned surprise of all. 

Merry Christmas, sweet baby! 

   

 

Comments

Post a Comment