My Best for Him

A blessed last week of Advent to each of you!

I haven't blogged in a while and it's time I did.

Fr. Mike Schmitz says that we should give the baby Jesus our best but also our worst this Advent and Christmas season. 

It's so easy to dwell on the worst. To forget the best. 

This Advent was suppose to be "the best".  Or in my mind, it was suppose to be "perfect".

Well that's what I've been telling myself as I watch the Dynamic Catholic Best Advent Ever video presentations.

However, I've spent this Advent feeling like I am lacking. Feeling like time is running out. I feel like my best Advent could have been better. 

What am I rushing for though? Rushing to rush Christmas or rushing to embrace Christmas?

I want to embrace Christmas. I do. Then why do I let myself be stressed during these supposed to be precious and peaceful moments of preparing for the birth of Christ. 

 There is a difference between best and perfect. Best being your "all". That "all" being "all" of my heart. Come Baby Jesus, into my heart. Holy Sprit make a manger inside of me for a peaceful dwelling for the newborn King.

But I let myself get distracted. And I focused on those distractions rather than stopping and taking the time to acknowledge the good that has come from this Advent.

It's not too late though. I can still make my heart a home for Baby Jesus. I can welcome Him into my cluttered life. These gifts I bring, to lay before the King.

I'll play my best for Him and He'll smile at me.





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YPtYR12K4c

Comments