Good Light

"See, darkness covers the earth,/ and thick clouds cover the peoples;/ But upon you the Lord shines,/ and over you appears his glory." 
Isaiah 60:2 

All these shootings, all this hate, all the violence... They all have one thing in common: Darkness.

Darkness that lingers within hearts. 

How do we get rid of the darkness? 

It's not by taking away guns, pointing fingers or holding grudges. 

Darkness can not be where there is light. 

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” 


So let there be light! 

But we have lost hope. We are in despair. "The worst has not yet come," thoughts from a clouded minded people. 

We need to be a light. We need to depend on the Lord. We need to let the Lord shine through us. Letting His glory appear in our darkened world. 

Today's gospel reading was about the Good Samaritan. The good Samaritan who did the noble thing not because it was noble but because he was a follower of Christ and loved his neighbor. 

This is what Jesus asks of us to do so that we may enjoy eternal life with him. 

Too often I look at the big picture though and get discouraged. I think to myself that I can't love everyone and that it's too hard. 
Well this morning at mass it was revealed to me that I am not called to look at the big picture. 
I am simply called to live in each moment and love in those moments. Love those around me with all of my heart. 

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. - Mother Teresa 
The same is with love. 

I will try and accept I am not the savior. I will try to rely on our true Savior. To love like our Savior. To bring the light of Christ, our Savior, to the world.   

Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.  

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. 

- Mother Teresa







Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment