Simply Live

My goodness..why can't life be simple? 

Though what we really are questioning is why is life so hard? 

Life can be simple. All it takes is detachment and trust. Doesn't sound easy, does it?   

It's not easy to part with things because of the memory or significance it holds. 

But the sad truth is we cannot take our stuff with us to heaven when we go. So why let our possessions chain us down and hold us back?

This past week it was made real to me that stuff is just stuff. 

I want to strive for a simple life. Getting rid of the unnecessary, 

I can already picture the burden of materialism being lifted from my life. 

I can feel in my heart the yearning for more of Him and less of the world.  

I want to surrender myself to my Maker. 

But it won't be easy, I know I'll cave and crumble. But I want to keep trying.  

Not only to live simply but to simply live. 

Live simply so that others may simply live.




From St. Basil the Great:

“The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry man; the coat hanging unused in your closet belongs to the man who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the man who has no shoes; the money which you put in the bank belongs to the poor. You do wrong to everyone you could help, but fail to help.” 

Open my eyes, Lord. 
Make room in my heart.
Make it your home. 
Teach me to live simply. 
To simply live. 
For your glory and your glory only. 
To surrender myself into your outstretched arms. 
Making you my only attachment.

create in me a clean heart:
 Friday Favorites:


Comments