Getting There (Maui 2020)

Let me tell you how Maui 2020 came about...Two cousins wanted to go somewhere tropical for vacation and why not Maui?

We told our friends and they were on board! This was in August. We weren't leaving to go until January of 2020, but I was packed by September. The excitement kept building as the four of us anticipated our arrival date.

In the meantime, Mike proposed to his finance, Courtney, in October. After their engagement I was often asked if I was going with them on their honeymoon. The answer was absolutely not! They will be married in October 2020. Ben, Mike's cousin, and I, were the "chaperones" and along for the Hawaiian adventure. Four friends experiencing the Maui dream.

I was shocked that I suggested traveling to Maui, considering I don't love to travel. I have been trusting the Lord with the unknown and decided to be brave and go on this once in a life time adventure with my friends.

We contacted our travel agent and friend, Gretchen, who made the planning, traveling and vacation easy and amazing! The closer we got to our day of departure, I started getting nervous like I normally do before leaving home. I had to remind myself to not let the devil steal my joy. Everything was taken care of. I had to remember to trust.

We ended up leaving a day earlier, I said good bye to Maddie who was leaving
for Roma a couple days after me. Mike, Court and I spent the night in Spokane for our early flight the next morning. We had sunny weather on our drive to Spokane.

Two Walmart stops and twenty-six gummy vitamins later, don't ask, we boarded our flight. I didn't even get ID'd to board the plane. We had a two hour layover in Seattle and then a six hour flight to Maui! We arrived in Maui and met up with Ben at the baggage claim.

We got our rental car and headed to Kanapali where our resort was. It was a beautiful drive! It was already dark, when we arrived at our resort, The Honua Kai, but smiling faces and lit tiki torches welcomed us!

Already we were so happy with our decision to vacation in Maui! It just took some getting there!

More blogs including stories and pictures to come of our Maui 2020 vacation.






Comments