Baptism of the Lord

For fear of Copyright, I am not using it in my blog. However, I just shared her masterpiece to my Facebook page so you can find it there.

Immersed 
Ignited
Illumined 
Explodes my heart
What wonder 
Such love
spread out 
sent out 
flowing
drawn back to Him
All for us
Him for all
given
Beloved

"But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life." John 4:14

Today's Gospel:

Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan
to be baptized by him.
John tried to prevent him, saying,
“I need to be baptized by you,
and yet you are coming to me?”
Jesus said to him in reply,
“Allow it now, for thus it is fitting for us
to fulfill all righteousness.”
Then he allowed him.
After Jesus was baptized,
he came up from the water and behold,
the heavens were opened for him,
and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove
and coming upon him.
And a voice came from the heavens, saying,
“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” 

Matthew 3:13-17  

Today is the Solemnity of the Baptism of the Lord! My sister, Nicole, painted a masterpiece titled, "Behold I Make All Things New: The Baptism of the World." She captured the love of the Father, the love for His Son, and the love He sent to the world through the Holy Spirit and through His Son. 

"Jesus came up from the water  and behold." 

He makes all things new.  


Comments