Vulnerable Heart

"It's always the vulnerable heart that breaks broken hearts free." -The Broken Way, Ann Voskamp. 

This is me being vulnerable.

I've been hesitant writing this blog. I don't want to be vulnerable. I don't want to be weak.

Life is wonderful but hard.

When my body is exhausted I get frustrated to say the least.

My legs feel heavy, my back aches and I struggle with a weak and sore neck.

 I sleep long hours through the night and wake up still tired.

I work through it but only through prayer...Help me, Jesus.

I'm not sharing this to be admired or to be told how strong I am.

In fact, I'm sharing this to be "the vulnerable heart that breaks broken hearts free".

Free to share their sufferings and brokenness.

But no one wants to be broken and no one wants to admit their brokenness.

Or they want to and don't know how.

This book taught me to be brave and to be vulnerable.

"If you can be brave enough, vulnerable enough, humble enough, trust enough, and give the most broken shards of your heart to another believing broken heart... then is it your own broken shards that can bust open up another heart?" -The Broken Way 

I guess what I am saying is that I want to help other broken hearts break free. None of us are alone when it comes to being broken. We are all vulnerable in one way or another. How we use our brokenness is up to us.

"This is how we keep learning to live: stay weak and dependent to stay strong." -The Broken Way

"Never be afraid of broken things- because God can redeem anything." -The Broken Way

"You may be called by Christ to be broken and given to the world,  but you only become like Christ when you give your brokenness to the world. Everyone needs communion in their brokenness and Christ always comes to us showing us His scars." -The Broken Way

"Being broken and even means trusting enough to be vulnerable and give your own brokenness."
-The Broken Way   

"Let your brokenness heal you in the strangest way. Let it come, let it come." The Broken Way 




Comments