Empty Bucket



When drained and exhausted, the result is often empty.

And empty is meaningless, or so I thought...

Ann Voskamp's book "The Broken Way" has taught me that an empty bucket outweighs a full bucket.

However, what good is an empty bucket?  

"EMPTY poured out buckets are actually the fullest buckets." 

The author explains, "I have more and become more, the more I pour myself out." 

I always thought before reading this book that my bucket had to be filled to the brim or overflowing!

So when I feel like there is nothing left to give, how do I give from an empty bucket?

I surrender and empty the empty bucket.

I let go of wanting to overfill my bucket.

I give Jesus my bucket and He fills what I cannot. 

"Experiencing the whole world will not fill your bucket like experiencing giving yourself, and finding the meaning that will find your soul." -Ann Voskamp, The Broken Way 

Comments

Post a Comment