Suffering and Sorrow

Yesterday was the Exaltation of the Holy Cross and today is the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows.

Today, I am reconsecrating myself to Mary by giving her all that I am. 

Our Lady of Sorrows speaks to my heart because she understands sorrow and suffering. 

She saw the anguish in her Son's eyes as he hung on the cross. 

Mary felt her Son's pain pierce her own heart.

He kisses us from the cross.

He united His suffering with our suffering.

Mary reminds us to offer up our crosses and not waste our sufferings. 

Suffering is a gift from God; blessed is he who knows how to profit by it." - Padre Pio 

No saint became a saint without suffering.

Choosing to grow rather than get caught up in the difficult things in life.

"If God gives you the burden, God will give you the strength." = St. Josemaria Escriva 

Mary is the perfect source of consolation.

And we all need consolation. 

There is much suffering in our world. 

Deep sorrow in places like our country, our Church body, and also within our own hearts. 

Cry to her for help!

She invites us to share with her our joys, sorrows and sufferings.

She shares them with us.

"Pray simply, humbly, and fervently to know God's will, and your path will be made clear. Then you must follow the inspiration Divine Mercy puts into your heart." -St. Theophany Venard  

"Mary, my Mother, I give myself to you as your possession and property. Please make of me, of all that I am and have, whatever most pleases you. Let me be a fit instrument in your immaculate and merciful hands for bringing the greatest possible glory to God." 
-Pope John Paul II the Pope of Suffering 

Image result for Our Lady of Sorrows

Comments