Love with the heart

The world tells us to keep up. 

I tell myself to keep up. 

I want to be it all and do it all. 

However, a very wise friend told me, 

"When we get to heaven, God isn't going to ask how much we did. Instead, He will ask us how much we loved." 

Am I hustling? Or am I loving? 

I shouldn't have to think about how to answer this question.

I shouldn't be hustling, I should be loving.

"Hustle is the opposite of heart." -Present Over Perfect, Shauna Niequist 

Heart is everything.

"That internal engine that always wants to go faster, that ending is not the best part of me. My heart is the best part of me." -Present Over Perfect 

Seriously, how can I love generously when my energy is invested in keeping up with the world?

"When you allow other people to determine your best choices; when you allow yourself to be carried along by what other people think your life should be, could be, must be; when you hand them the pen and tell them to write your story, you don't get the pen back. Not easily anyway." - Present Over Perfect  

I need to begin writing my story from where I am at. 

I need to be present and accepting of who I am and where I am. 

"Willingness to be fragile actually makes me strong." - Present Over Perfect

My heart is a gift and I want to share it.

I want to show Jesus my heart, not just when we meet in heaven, but now, right now, show Him the people my heart holds and loves. 

"Do the thing I've asked you to do. Do what you know how to do. That you love and are created to 
do." 
- Present Over Perfect 

Love with the heart you've been given! 













PRAYER
IN TIME OF SUFFERING


Behold me, my beloved Jesus,
weighed down under the burden of my trials and sufferings,
I cast myself at Your feet,
that You may renew my strength and my courage,
while I rest here in Your Presence.
Permit me to lay down my cross in Your Sacred Heart,
for only Your infinite goodness can sustain me;
only Your love can help me bear my cross;
only Your powerful hand can lighten its weight.
O Divine King, Jesus,
whose heart is so compassionate to the afflicted,
I wish to live in You;
suffer and die in You.
During my life be to me my model and my support;
At the hour of my death,
be my hope and my refuge.

Amen.

Comments