Let go and let God

Love hurts and it is hard. It hurts and is hard because there comes a time in our lives when we have to let go.

Let go and let God. 

I am slowly unclenching my grip on the people I love and the situations I want to control.

I just spent last weekend at a Young Adult Conference in Boise with my sister, Sr. Jordan Rose. It was wonderful and hard, both at the same time.
Hard because I wanted to be selfish and controlling, keeping Sr. Jordan all to myself that weekend, when I knew deep down I needed to give.

4Love is not jealous. 5Love does not seek its own. 

I spoke with my spiritual director after our trip and he said I need to let go.

It sounds harsh and scary but if I keep holding on I am taking away from that gift. That gift of sharing the love of Jesus Christ with others.

I thought of Madison leaving for college, she too I have to let go.

I'd rather keep my arms around their necks in a a death grip, choke hold kind of hug, but instead I am letting go and letting God use those I love for the glory of His kingdom.

 Love bears all things.  1Corinthians 13:7

Bearing those I love in my heart instead of my hands. 



Comments

  1. This is beautiful Gabbie. Letting go is very hard. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. That means a lot coming from you.

      Delete
  2. Oh Gabbie your a beautiful soul we can all learn from that I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachael, thank you for commenting! Love you!

      Delete
  3. As He uses you profoundly for the glory of His kingdom...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment