My Hands and Feet also

Today is Holy Thursday. It is the beginning and close to the end.

We hear and partake in the Gospel reading from John, Chapter 13, the washing of the disciples' feet.


Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel that was tied around him. He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?” Jesus answered, “You do not know now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” Peter said to him, “You will never wash my feet.” Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no share with me.” Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!” 

I highlighted the words from Peter because I see Simon Peter in myself. 

I do not want to be served, I want to serve. 

I don't want to be saved, I want to save. 

I don't want to be loved, I want to love. 

And the same with the cross and the passion of Jesus. I want to take that from Him. To carry His cross for Him. 

Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel that was tied around him. He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?” Jesus answered, “You do not know now what I am doing, but later you will understand. Peter said to him, “You will never wash my feet.” Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no share with me.” Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!” 

But Jesus came to serve. Jesus came to save. He came to love. And Jesus chose to die for me and the whole world. 

He wishes to serve, save and love through us. 

I am not the Savior, nor the Messiah, I am Gabbie. And though
I do not know what you are doing, later I will understand.
I wish to inherit eternal life with You.

 "Lord, not only my feet but my hands and my head also." 
John 13:9 





Comments