Selfish Distractions and Desires


St. Madeleine Sophie Barat, "The more we have denied ourselves during the day, the nearer we are each evening to the Heart of our Lord."   

Oh, how I need to deny myself. I need to think of others before myself.

"These holy men and women shared the realization that the more we remove human desires and other distractions from our lives, the better we are able to recognize and receive God's presence." 


(-Saintly Solutions by Fr. .Joseph Esper)  

Remove all distractions from my life, Lord. Remove all desires of the flesh and help me to recognize your face. 


For it is not by doing well that we glorify God, it is by doing good. 
(-Saintly Solutions) 

May the sacrifices we share on a day to day basis do good. 
May we overcome all that is overwhelming, uncomfortable, selfish, and not of You.

Dear Jesus, help me to spread your fragrance everywhere I go;
Flood my soul with your spirit and life;
Penetrate and possess my whole being so completely
That all my life may be only a radiance of yours;
Shine through me and be so in me
That everyone with whom I come into contact
May feel your presence within me.
Let them look up and see no longer me—but only Jesus.
Amen.



Cardinal John Newman

Comments

Post a Comment